Objectives & Functions
At our agency every unit and department is saddled with various objectives which perform a number of functions to ensure smooth running of the agency as we serve the public. Some of the objectives of the Commission include:
- To ensure equitable manpower distribution in the service;
- To improve and enhance manpower development for better service delivery:
- To ensure right sizing of staff in the Unified Local Government Service:
- To maintain a well-behaved and disciplined members of staff-among others.
Some of the functions are:
- To appoint persons to offices on GL 07 and above in the Local Government Service;
- To transfer/post persons holding the offices in sub-section I from one Local Government to another equitably;
- To exercise disciplinary control over persons holding those offices if found culpable of any serious act of misconduct;
- To maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date seniority list and nominal rolls of all the Local Government staff in the State;
- To set up general uniform standard or guidelines for appointments, promotions, posting and discipline of Local Government staff;
- To serve as an appellate body for all petitions in respect of junior staff in the Local Government;
- To monitor the activities of each Local Government on appointment, discipline and promotion of Local Government junior employees on salary GL 01-06, in order to ensure that laid than rules, regulation and guidelines are strictly and uniformly adhered to;
- To utilize one percent (1%) of the revenue accruing to Local Government in the State from the Federation Account, for regular training courses and manpower development of officers in the Local Government Service of the State.